The Token System is Here!
- Students earn tokens for completing assignments and independent practice activities
- Students earn varying amounts of tokens based on performance and type of activity
- Students do not earn tokens for benchmark assessments
- Students can spend tokens to play games in the new arcade
- Students have free play games to choose from as well, but those games incorporate questions
- Teachers can check a student’s token history and even lock the game arcade when necessary
- Many games have transitioned to the new arcade, which means fewer options within the assignment system
Watch the video below to learn more about the token system:
Need to add your own free response questions? Now you can! In Step 3 when creating a benchmark, click the button to author a new question. Decide between multiple choice and free response, then input your question. If adding a free response question, an answer key and keywords are optional.
The token system and game arcade are now live! If you don’t have an account and would like to preview the token system, go here to signup for a trial. Here are the basics for what you need to know.
Why the change?
We found that students were rushing through game questions just to play the game. With the new token system, students have more incentive to pay attention to the questions and do their best. Students earn tokens based on their score and type of activity. For example, students earn more tokens for a test versus a video.
So, now students can go to the arcade and just play games with no questions? How is that educational?
Students must earn tokens to play the games; therefore, they must have completed some sort of activity on the site. For the free play games that cost zero tokens, students have to answer questions within the game.
What is the difference between a game that costs tokens and a free play game?
Free play games have questions built in whereas token games have no questions, just good old fun.
How can students earn tokens?
Students earn tokens by completing practice questions, vocabulary activities, performance tasks, videos, and crossword puzzles. These activities can either be assigned or independently completed on a student’s test landing page. Some students will start off with tokens. This is a result of their test landing progress. Students receive a token for each checkmark earned per element. On first page load, it will credit them with those tokens. It will NOT credit them for past individual tokens earned.
Can students earn tokens for benchmarks?
No, students do not earn tokens for benchmarks.
Why can’t I assign a game in a single assignment?
We are transitioning students to go to the arcade to play games as a reward for completing work on the site. Games can still be assigned through the group assignment system; however, game options are limited there.
Why are group assignment games limited?
Many games have already been transitioned to the arcade system since they no longer have questions built into them. The group assignment games are single player options that still have questions as part of the game.
What happens to existing assignments with games?
Any existing assignments with games remain exactly the same. Nothing was changed with existing assignments.
Be among the first to learn about USATestprep’s new token system and game arcade. The soon-to-be-released arcade and token system will motivate your students and make learning more fun for all!
- Why was the token system developed?
- How do students earn tokens?
- What can students spend tokens on?
- How does the new game arcade work?
Tuesday, 9/13 @ 10:00 AM ET
Wednesday, 9/21 @ 3:00 PM ET
We’ll cover the same information in both sessions, so you need only register for one date. The webinar will last 20-30 minutes.
USATestprep is seeking a sales and customer service professional. This is a part-time position located in our Kennesaw, Georgia office. Hours are approximately 15-20 per week.
- Phone-based customer service
- Sales phone calls to existing trial members
- Miscellaneous tasks may include data entry, order processing, web-based customer training, or other
- Handle incoming email and phone call requests from current and potential subscribers
- Experience working in a Mac environment
- Basic knowledge of formulas and filters in Microsoft Excel
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Phone-based sales experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong follow up skills
- Flexible hours
To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Projector Resources
- Educational Games
- Practice Tests
- Vocabulary Flashcards
- Performance Tasks
To preview our NGSS-aligned content and test prep, request your 7-day trial. Our NGSS-aligned test reviews have been prepared by our subject area experts. In them, you will find questions that follow the course requirements, as well as items to reinforce the basic components of the course.
Newly Released On-Demand Webinars
- A series of prerecorded webinars to watch anytime, anywhere
- Calendar of live webinar offerings
- Look for the “Webinars” button on your home page
- Webinars will be updated as important changes are made to the site
New Ambassador Program
Would you like to receive free perks and be recognized for your passion? Then check out USATestprep’s new Ambassador Program. Our Ambassadors help spread the word and educate teachers about USATestprep. In exchange, Ambassadors are rewarded with free swag, online recognition, first-to-know status, and more! Apply here to join this exclusive group.
Would you like help pinpointing student weaknesses or individualizing instruction?
If your answer is YES, please join us for a free webinar.
- Create assessments that will allow you to pinpoint student strengths and weaknesses.
- Create assignments targeted to the individual students.
- Analyze data at the student and class level.
The webinar will be led by Amy Brown, a former school teacher and USATestprep’s VP of Customer Service.
Thursday, 8/25 @ 4:30 PM ET
The webinar will last 20-30 minutes.
Welcome to a new school year!
Be on the lookout in the coming weeks for this new feature. We are confident that the new arcade and token system will motivate your students and help make learning more fun!
Your USATestprep Team
Every year USATestprep hosts user meetings throughout the country to help you, our customers, get the most from your USATestprep experience. This year we are adding a few new locations to ensure that more educators are able to take advantage of these training events.
All events are from 8:30am-12:30pm and include a continental breakfast, refreshment break, and USATestprep swag. Cost is $65 per person. Be sure to bring your laptop or tablet to the training.
These user meetings are a great time of instruction and Q&A for:
- New users, seeking a feature overview
- Experienced users, looking to improve their experience
- Teachers, who want to maximize our classroom resources
- Administrators, who want to track class and school performance
These events are for teachers and administrators who want to:
- Become familiar with USATestprep’s capabilities
- Learn how to use newly-released features
- Get the most out of USATestprep at a classroom, building, or district level
User Meeting Schedule
- 3rd – Atlanta/Roswell, GA
- 14th – Tifton, GA (south Georgia) – Sold Out!
- 17th – Greenville, SC – Sold Out!
- 21st – St Louis, MO
- 24th – Indianapolis, IN
- 28th – Oklahoma City, OK
Dozens of authors, all certified teachers, across multiple states have been working all summer to:
- Update or create over 200 tests
- Add thousands of new items to meet new standards
- Make updates at all grade levels across 28 different states
- Update national products including NAEP and new AP Calculus and AP World History