Creating a class is easy and allows you to assign tasks to students. This is how you do it.
- From your home page, click “Create New Class” under the “Classes Tab.”
- Next, assign your class a name and select which test subject (or more than one) you want to associate with that class. This is VERY important: this will allow your students to select you to receive their test and practice results. When you are through, click “Save Changes” then close the modal window. Your class has been created!
You will need to add students to that class, and there are two ways to do that: you, as the teacher, can do it and students can do it. Here is how a teacher does it:
- To add students to that class, click “Manage Class.
- Click the green “Add/Remove Students” button on the right of the next page.
- You can search for students who have created an account on USATestprep in a few ways. First, you can search by the first letter of their last name (click on the appropriate letter), you can search by typing in their first, last, or full name (click “+ Advanced Search”), or you can choose from the list of recommended students (based on students who have sent you results in the past; this may be blank for you).
- Once you have found the appropriate student, click “+ Add”.
- If you have already created assignments for that class, you will be given the opportunity to assign them to the new student. You can either choose the box next to the assignment and click the green “Add Assignments” button, or you can click “Continue without adding assignments.”
- The student will then appear on the left and will be in your class. Repeat this quick process for each student and you will have your class filled.
Students who have an account can also add themselves to your class. This is how:
- From the student home page, click “Classes.”
- Click “+ Join a Class.”
- The student then must choose the Teacher and Class from the pull-down menu, then click the “Join” button.
- The class will now show up in the student’s list of classesâ€¦
- â€¦ and will also show up in your list of students for that class.
Remember, this topic and many others are covered in theÂ “How To Videos” located on your teacher Home page. Lets us know if you have any additional questions!