The Token System is Here!
- Students earn tokens for completing assignments and independent practice activities
- Students earn varying amounts of tokens based on performance and type of activity
- Students do not earn tokens for benchmark assessments
- Students can spend tokens to play games in the new arcade
- Students have free play games to choose from as well, but those games incorporate questions
- Teachers can check a student’s token history and even lock the game arcade when necessary
- Many games have transitioned to the new arcade, which means fewer options within the assignment system
Watch the video below to learn more about the token system:
Need to add your own free response questions? Now you can! In Step 3 when creating a benchmark, click the button to author a new question. Decide between multiple choice and free response, then input your question. If adding a free response question, an answer key and keywords are optional.
Newly Released On-Demand Webinars
- A series of prerecorded webinars to watch anytime, anywhere
- Calendar of live webinar offerings
- Look for the “Webinars” button on your home page
- Webinars will be updated as important changes are made to the site
Click here to log in and view our new webinars resource.
New Ambassador Program
Would you like to receive free perks and be recognized for your passion? Then check out USATestprep’s new Ambassador Program. Our Ambassadors help spread the word and educate teachers about USATestprep. In exchange, Ambassadors are rewarded with free swag, online recognition, first-to-know status, and more! Apply here to join this exclusive group.
Congratulations on making it to the end of another school year. We trust it was a successful one and that we helped you to prepare your students accordingly. As the school year concludes we wanted to make you aware of two things.
Data Management Policy
Before the start of each school year, we do move around some data within our system. We do not delete users – that is a job left for school admins – but some data older than 1 year will be deleted. For complete details, please refer to our data management policy located here in the Help section in the “Downloads” tab.
2016 User Survey
Over 1,600 educators from across 23 states completed our survey. 98% of these respondents felt that USATestprep helped their students review for their tests. We are very proud of this statistic.
Congratulations to Our Winners
These survey-takers had their names drawn and will each receive a $50 Gift Card:
As always, thanks for using USATestprep, and have a great summer!
InfoGraphic from CouponBox.com
Here are some new features and tips to help you get more from USATestprep:
- Raw score (“Total Correct” column) added to your benchmark results Excel export.
- Graphs to track monthly progress by standards and individual students –> You can even save, print, and annotate if needed.
Tips of the month:
- Need to adjust the due date or add a student to an assignment? Make changes to existing assignments without duplicating them by using the Options menu –> Settings.
- Can’t see a shared benchmark? Double check that you have your classes associated with that subject area. Go to your Classes tab –> gear icon on the far right –> “Edit Class” button. Add necessary subject(s) in step 1 and save in step 2.
- Want to instantly create assignments for students to target their weaknesses? Automatically create assignments for students in their three weakest areas from your benchmark results –> Student Dot Rank section. You can then view these assignments within your Assignments tab –> “View Suggested Practice.”
- Need assistance with anything? Use the Feedback & Contact button located at the bottom of every page to ask questions –> let us help you more quickly! When appropriate, please provide the name of the assignment or benchmark, student, class, etc.
Hope you have had a smooth February!
The USATestprep Team
For the new year, USATestprep has several new features within our Benchmark System.
In Step 1 of the Benchmark creation, you can now choose to have questions displayed in Spanish.
Also, when creating a Custom Benchmark, you can choose to view questions by the passage with which they are associated, and you can select any or all questions with that passage for your benchmark test.
Finally, on the Preview section of the process, you can rearrange the order of the questions by clicking the up or down arrow next to the question number. Clicking it once will move it one space in the direction of the arrow.
We know these changes will add to your use of the Benchmark features on USATestprep. Please contact us if you have any questions.
You can now create Shared Assignments on USATestprep.
To do this, simply create an assignment- Single or Group- as you normally would. When you get to the third step- â€œChoose Settingsâ€- you will see this option at the bottom of the page:
Clicking â€œYesâ€ to Shared Assignment will allow any other teacher in your school who has a class created for that subject the ability to give his/her students that assignment. The other teacher(s) will simply click their Assignments tab and the â€œBrowse Shared Assignmentsâ€ link.
This view will show you all assignments that have been shared and that you can choose to assign to your students. When you see one you want to share, just click â€œAssign to My Studentsâ€ and proceed like any other Assignment you create.
For more information on this, be sure to check out our video- â€œSharing Assignmentsâ€- on this topic in our â€œHelpâ€ section.
This message is for all you Admins out there: Merging Accounts may not mean what you think it means. When you merge two accounts you are combining all of the data from the multiple sources and putting them into just one. This is meant to help you streamline a situation in which you may have 1 user with 2 or more accounts.
Sometimes Admins try to help out by merging accounts of people who teach the same subject, but do NOT do this!Â We do NOT advise merging two different users into one account because the merge process is irreversible. If you merge two different users into one account, the data will not be able to be separated back out.
Before merging teacher accounts, it’s advisable to double check before you click that merge button. So- to paraphrase a popular carpentry adage- Â check twice, merge once.
Maybe this has happened to you. You’ve created an Assignment or a Benchmark Test a while back and you want to take a look at it… but it just isn’t there. You don’t see it anywhere on either the Assignments tab or the Benchmarks tab.
No need to worry. You can look a little further back in time by changing the display option on both pages. In the image below, “A” represents the pages of results you have based on the number of pages being displayed at the time (“B”). You can always change “B” as well to show 20, 50, or 100 items at a time.
So don’t panic: it’s still there, even if you don’t see it right away!
Well, some schools may be powering through thanks to “Old Man Winter” and his tricks this year. If you ARE fortunate enough to still have time off, this hint is for you.
Many teachers ask their students to use USATestprep over the holiday breaks. However, some students- not yours, of course- don’t know their password when they head out the door on Friday afternoon. You can always print off your students’ password information for them so they’ll be sure to have it handy. Just click the Manage Class button for your class.
Then, click on the blue Password Cards button to print out a password card for each individual student.
If your students do not yet have accounts, you can give them the Account ID and the Student Activation Code. This information can always be found by clicking on your school name from your teacher Home page.