This is a new feature within the Admin area —> Progress Reports tab —> look for the BETA link in the top right corner of the tab.
Admins can create a custom Excel export with any of the following information:
- Progress report data based on: benchmarks, tests, and/or practice questions
- Total time on site vs. specific test
- Total time by activity type (tests, practice, games, and videos)
- Total completed activities by type (benchmarks, tests, practice, games, and videos)
- Grade level
- Total logins
- Specific date range
***One note is that an admin user will first select the class(es) in order to choose students. However, the progress report data, time, and counts are NOT restricted to that class. Choosing a class is just a way to pick students. This means that activities that students complete on their own DO count towards this export.
When adding your own questions, a teacher can now use one of our passages. This is nice because instead of placing the question at the end of the benchmark (in the past), the question will now always remain with that passage if there are other associated questions.
Teachers can now author favorite questions associated with any of our passages. This new feature allows teachers to author and save favorite questions that stay with the passage wherever it is placed in a benchmark test.
Here are some new features and tips to help you get more from USATestprep:
- Raw score (“Total Correct” column) added to your benchmark results Excel export.
- Graphs to track monthly progress by standards and individual students –> You can even save, print, and annotate if needed.
Tips of the month:
- Need to adjust the due date or add a student to an assignment? Make changes to existing assignments without duplicating them by using the Options menu –> Settings.
- Can’t see a shared benchmark? Double check that you have your classes associated with that subject area. Go to your Classes tab –> gear icon on the far right –> “Edit Class” button. Add necessary subject(s) in step 1 and save in step 2.
- Want to instantly create assignments for students to target their weaknesses? Automatically create assignments for students in their three weakest areas from your benchmark results –> Student Dot Rank section. You can then view these assignments within your Assignments tab –> “View Suggested Practice.”
- Need assistance with anything? Use the Feedback & Contact button located at the bottom of every page to ask questions –> let us help you more quickly! When appropriate, please provide the name of the assignment or benchmark, student, class, etc.
Hope you have had a smooth February!
The USATestprep Team
We hope you are well-rested after your much-deserved winter break. We’ve been striving to make your job easier through multiple enhancements to the USATestprep website.
Spanish Test Passages and Answers
Due to popular demand, we not only have test questions in Spanish, but we now have the answers and passages in Spanish as well.
Earlier this month, we launched USATestprep’s redesigned, public-facing website. The front end of the website is now mobile-friendly. Your login and USATestprep account will remain unchanged.
Improved Progress Reports
These beefed-up reports now include Class Dot Rank. See at-a-glance average class performance by standard. View the Progress Reports with or without the practice questions and by date range.
Dance, Dance, Robot (DDR) has been updated and is now tablet-friendly. To challenge more students, DDR has been expanded to offer three levels of difficulty.
New Teacher Resource Page
To make it easier to use, this page has been divided into Online Resources, Printable Resources, and Projector Games. Videos can be found and previewed with ease now, too.
Student Calendar View
In addition to the original List View for Assignments and Suggested Practice, students may alternatively opt to display these items in Calendar View.
We’ve recently added a high school level Health review that is aligned with the National Health Education Standards. Additionally, you will find AP Psychology and AP Chemistry. Check the new course offerings for your state by clicking here.
To improve quality, we now host our videos at Vimeo. Â If your school or district blocks this site, please have your school contact us.
Great news, everyone: Advanced Placement Biology is now available to all of our subscribers. If you are interested in purchasing or would like a FREE trial, just email or call us!
For the new year, USATestprep has several new features within our Benchmark System.
In Step 1 of the Benchmark creation, you can now choose to have questions displayed in Spanish.
Also, when creating a Custom Benchmark, you can choose to view questions by the passage with which they are associated, and you can select any or all questions with that passage for your benchmark test.
Finally, on the Preview section of the process, you can rearrange the order of the questions by clicking the up or down arrow next to the question number. Clicking it once will move it one space in the direction of the arrow.
We know these changes will add to your use of the Benchmark features on USATestprep. Please contact us if you have any questions.
You can now create Shared Assignments on USATestprep.
To do this, simply create an assignment- Single or Group- as you normally would. When you get to the third step- â€œChoose Settingsâ€- you will see this option at the bottom of the page:
Clicking â€œYesâ€ to Shared Assignment will allow any other teacher in your school who has a class created for that subject the ability to give his/her students that assignment. The other teacher(s) will simply click their Assignments tab and the â€œBrowse Shared Assignmentsâ€ link.
This view will show you all assignments that have been shared and that you can choose to assign to your students. When you see one you want to share, just click â€œAssign to My Studentsâ€ and proceed like any other Assignment you create.
For more information on this, be sure to check out our video- â€œSharing Assignmentsâ€- on this topic in our â€œHelpâ€ section.
If you need to have students work on their weakest areas, just look for dots.
Well, dots on USATestprep, anyway.
Whenever you see a green, yellow, or red dot next to student results, theres a good chance that clicking that dot will create an assignment for the students in your classes based on that specific standard.
Be sure you have classes created, of course, in order to get the full effect of this effective and time-saving feature. More information can be found in our Manual and Help Videos, or you can give us a call.
Have you seen our new Benchmark features?
You can now add Skill Work Activities and Free Response questions to the Benchmark tests you create on USATestprep.
You can also pick the specific questions you want to include on your Custom Benchmark.
Be sure to watch our videos on creating your own Benchmark test with our new, improved system!