Each year around “testing season”, Â we offer some basic- but tried and true- advice on taking tests.Â We post these daily on Facebook in April, but we thought weâ€™d share them in their entirety here. Feel free to share and to offer some tips of your own.
- Â Don’t cram. It sounds painful and it can be counter-productive. Instead, review plenty in the days and weeks before the test. Depending on when you read this and when you test is scheduled, that may not be possible. If thatâ€™s the case, do the best you can, but remember about the crammingâ€¦.
- Get plenty of sleep the night before. Get to bed in order to ensure that you get 8 hours of restful sleep prior to going into the test. It would also help to exercise the evening before to get some of the stress out of your system.
- Eat a good breakfast. This does NOT mean lots of sugar, donuts, candy bars, etc. It does mean something that is packed with protein.
- Drink plenty of water. This is really something you need to do for a few days leading up to the event. On a similar noteâ€¦
- Avoid having too much caffeine. Having a few large coffees before the test is a bad idea, and not just because of having to ask for a bathroom break during the exam. Having the caffeine jitters can distract your focus and lead to a poorer performance than you normally would experience.
- Go to the bathroom before you walk in the testing room. ‘Nuff said.
- Dress in layers. Ok, not the MOST important tip, but if you are too hot or too cold during the test you will be distracted. Having a sweater to put on or a t-shirt to strip down to will help regulate your body temperature. Besides, testing environments are typically on the cool side.
- Bring plenty of writing implements. 2 sharpened pencils and 2 pens? That should do, but have a few others just to be safe. Don’t forget your erasers, too.
And as for actually TAKING the test:
- Read your instructions carefully. If you have any questions about the directions, ask the testing proctor.
- Make notes only in places allowable (scratch paper, for example). The directions will tell you where.
- Carefully read each question and every answer choice. Make sure you know what the question IS asking, not what you THINK it is asking.
- Donâ€™t spend too much time on one question. If you are taking a while to answer one question, skip it and make a note of which question it was so you can come back to it. MAKE SURE you skip that space on your answer sheet.
- If you finish early, donâ€™t just put your head down. Go back and make sure you answered each question as you intended, and that you did not mislabel your answers (such as being off by one).
We are proud to announce some important new features to help you and your students.
TEACHER MONTHLY SCHOOL USAGE REPORT
Login and edit your account settings under your avatar to receive this monthly email of your school’s activity. You will see logins and teacher and student usage data.Â We also have several new email options to choose from.
PARENT WEEKLY PROGRESS REPORTÂ
Students may register to send a weekly summary of their USATestprep progress to their parents. They simply login and edit their account settings to sign up. Parents must confirm the registration.
STUDENT VERSION OF TEAM PROJECTOR GAMES
Two or more students can now login and compete against each other on our updated student versions of Time Bus and Battle Royale. Only one computer/tablet is needed to play this game.
COMMON CORE COMPLETE
USATestprep is now happy to offer a complete line of review products aligned to the Math and Language Arts CCSS. We just added our elementary product to our current middle and high school CCSS review products. Let us know if you are interested in a free trial to review any of these.
We have recently added READY Algebra II and READY Geometry to our reviews for North Carolina. All current subscribers of Algebra II EOC and Geometry now have access to READY Algebra II and READY Geometry.
If you do not currently subscribe to either of these and would like to add either or both, please give us a call or an email.Â We can have this service available within 24 hours of receiving your credit card or purchase order.Â We can also provide you with a pro-rated price so all your expiration dates match.
Also, if you already have an account and would like a Free 10-day trial, let us know.
We look forward to hearing from you.
USATestprepâ€™s reviews for CCSS subjects for South Carolina Middle School are now complete. We are pleased to release the following:
- 6th Grade ELA
- 6th Grade Math
- 7th Grade ELA
- 7th Grade Math
- 8th Grade ELA
- 8th Grade Math
If you would like to add any of our CCSS products to your current subscription, please call or email us.Â We can have this service available within 24 hours of receiving your credit card or purchase order.Â We can also provide you with a pro-rated price so all your expiration dates match.
Also, if you already have an account and would like a Free 10-day trial, let us know. If you are not a current subscriber, just click the Free Trial tab on our Home page.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We are happy to announce the release of new products in four states.
Indiana High School:
- Science MCA-III
- Grade to Reading MCA-III
- Grade 11 Mathematics MCA-III
Kentucky High School:
- Biology EOC
- US History EOC
Kentucky Middle School:
- Grade 6 K-PREP Mathematics
- Grade 6 K-PREP Reading
- Grade 7 K-PREP Mathematics
- Grade 7 K-PREP Reading
- Grade 8 K-PREP Mathematics
- Grade 8 K-PREP Reading
If you live in any of these states and already subscribe to USATestprep, just call or email us for a Free Trial for 10 days.
If you are not currently a subscriber and would like Free Trial, just click on the “Free Trial” banner from our Home page, or you can call or email us.
USATestprep is happy to announce the addition of new test reviews.
For Indiana we have added U.S. History CAA and U.S. Government CAA.
For Kentucky we now offer seven new products:
- Algebra II EOC
- English 10 EOC
- Reading 10 EOC
- ACT English
- ACT Mathematics
- ACT Reading
- ACT Science
If you teach in Indiana or Kentucky, be sure to sign up for free trial. If you do not already have a subscription, just click on the “Free Trial” button. If you already subscribe to other products, just give us a call or an email.
USATestprep is certainly not taking the holidays off. We are proud to announce new and updated products for Indiana High Schools.
- Integrated Chemistry and Physics CAA
- Physics CAA
- Chemistry CAA
- Earth and Space Science CAA
- English 11 CAA
- English 12 CAA
If you are subscribed to one of these updated products, you will automatically get the new version with no charge. If you do not subscribe to any of these but would like a free trial, just give us a call.
And more is on the wayâ€¦.
We are happy to announce the completion of Elementary Social Studies reviews for South Carolina. 4th and 5th Grade PASS Social Studies is available for purchase. Each are available at the low price of $225 per subject. Remember: that includes an unlimited number of users and usages for a 12-month period.
If you are interested in a free trial, you can sign up on our site!
USATestprep is happy to announce the release our updated reviews Â for VA SOL Earth Science and Chemistry. These both reflect the 2012 standards. If you already subscribe to the previous versions, you automatically receive the new versions free of charge.
If you don’t currently subscribe to either but would like a free trial, just email or call us.
We’re rolling out a bunch of new material this October, reflecting many weeks and months of review and authoring.
- Alabama ARMT +: CCSS for ELA and Math (Grades 6-8)
- Nevada HSPE: Math & Reading
- Oklahoma OC3: World Geography (7th Grade), US History (8th Grade), US History (11th Grade)
- Virginia SOL – Reading & Biology
If you already subscribe to the previous versions, then you will automatically receive the updated review. But don’t worry: we’re keeping the previous version around, as well.