The academic department is seeking an experienced academic leader to fill the position of Academic Product Manager. The successful candidate reports directly to the Chief Academic Officer and will work closely with the marketing and sales departments to bring new products to teachers and identify fresh distribution opportunities. The Academic Product Manager will work creatively, collaboratively, and pragmatically to ensure products are brought to market quickly, within budget, and error-free. The Academic Product Manager will be a former teacher, or an individual with experience in the education space, with knowledge of pedagogy, as well as how teachers and districts make purchasing decisions, and what criteria teachers use to evaluate education materials.
Responsibilities and duties
- Product development: Manage the product life-cycle and anticipate problems and unintended consequences
- Regulatory: Track, by state, changes to education standards and state assessments
- Quality assurance: Ensure product alignment with state standards, sufficient mirroring ofquestions to each state, and minimum number of questions for each question type
- Launch: Ensure all products are launched on-time and with all necessary components bycompleting the step-by-step “go live” process
- Product management: Manage an accurate inventory of products and question bank
- Project management: Manage Jira and track department progress. With the CAO, settimelines and define project details
- Marketing: Act as a liaison with the marketing department to provide information andnarratives for collateral. Write go-to-market summaries
- Competition: Perform competitor research and recommend positioning
- Data: Provide research and data analysis pertaining to education, testing reform, statestandards, assessment trends, and the achievement gap
- Knowledge of the education industry
- Knowledge of pedagogy
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Experience making data-driven decisions
- Experience with project management
- Experience as a teacher preferred
- Ability to work successfully within the Google suite
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Work in Atlanta in a professional open office environment
- Ability to travel to engage customers as necessary
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work in a transparent manner
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to Sederia Bond at email@example.com.
USATestprep, LLC is the nation’s #1 teacher-trusted provider of curriculum resources and test prep for grades 3-12. Founded by two teachers in 1998, the company helps teachers prepare more than two million students annually for subject area end-of-grade, end-of-course, and college entrance assessments. The platform delivers standards-aligned content with daily tools for the creation of formative and summative assessments, progress monitoring, and customized remediation. Teachers using USATestprep are able to quickly identify student strengths and weakness for high-stakes testing in ELA, math, science and social studies. Visit www.usatestprep.com.