The Sales Director is responsible for new business growth, measured by annual contract value (ACV) from individual schools and districts. This person will manage a full team of front-line sellers and sales support to reach the company’s overall revenue targets. This role will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and be paid commissions against specific monthly targets for new business dollars as set by the annual budget and approved by USATP’s Board of Directors, in addition to a base salary.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to HR@usatestprep.com.
- Work with the Chief Revenue Officer to set targets for new business growth; translate those targets into a specific and actionable sales strategy for beating those targets.
- Identify KPIs, milestones, and other measurement activities for the sales team to monitor its success over time, and quickly recognize opportunities and deficiencies that need to be addressed.
- Manage a complete sales organization including front-line sellers and sales support staff; define roles and working relationships within the team; grow this team over time in line with company revenue targets and expectations.
- Identify all critical supporting roles (marketing, onboarding, training) that need to be carried out to improve the productivity of the sales team; work with the CRO and other leaders within the company to make sure those supporting functions are completed in ways that best position our sales team for success.
- Serve as the management team leader for Salesforce, ensuring data integrity and behavioral consistency with how sellers input and report data out of the CRM. This role should ensure we always have “one version of the truth” when it comes to sales tracking and performance management.
- Establish territory plans, and revise them accordingly as the total number of sellers grows over time; set policies on adjusting territory allocation for sellers based on over and/or underperformance.
- Work collaboratively with the Renewals Director to establish processes and standards that ensure new sales consistently translate to the highest LTV per customer.
- Grow new business efforts in both efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring we bring professionalism, persistence, and empathy to how we work with all of our constituents.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Seasoned sales manager with 5+ years of sales management experience, preferably with a focus on high-volume inside sales.
- High energy individual able to spark enthusiasm and lead a team through thick and thin
- Highly organized and capable of setting new processes as well as streamlining existing processes; the right candidate will always be looking for ways to sell smarter and not just sell harder.
- Comfortable “managing according to the numbers” and creating a transparent working culture where everyone on the team knows their critical KPIs and understands what is required of them.
- Able to work in an open, collaborative manner across the organization
- Excited by the prospect of “doing well by doing good” and growing with a young, dynamic company.
- 3+ years working inside the SaaS industry and evidence of growing remote sales (with minimal face-to-face selling) is a plus.
- Competitive Base Salary plus Commission
- 100% Company paid Medical, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and Life & AD&D coverage, effective on the first day following 30 days of employment
- Voluntary Dental and Vision
- 401(k) match
- Commuter reimbursement
- Prorated 20 days personal time off per year
- 10 company paid holidays per year
- Catered Lunches and unlimited snacks
- All equipment provided
- Volunteer and community outreach partnerships
USATestprep, LLC is a leading nationwide provider of curriculum resources and test prep for grades 3-12. Founded by two teachers in 1998, the company helps teachers prepare more than two million students annually for subject area end-of-grade, end-of-course, and college entrance assessments. The platform delivers standards-aligned content with daily tools for the creation of formative and summative assessments, progress monitoring, and customized remediation. Teachers using USATestprep are able to quickly identify student strengths and weakness for high-stakes testing in ELA, math, science and social studies. Visit www.usatestprep.com.